Future Updates to Archaeology 101

After the successful launch of Archaeology 101 (archaeology101.com) at the end of April, Autumn and I began brainstorming ways to add to and improve the website. We also examined user feedback to better highlight areas that could be upgraded (thank you to all those...

Changing Directions: *

In February, I decided to fundamentally alter my project i.e. a whole new project. I still wanted to create a pedagogical tool but had instead to create something that could be used students and teachers in the K-12 system. While a course website is still a great...

Technologies of Change

Once I had changed the direction of my project, the next task was deciding on sources, interface, and overall design. For the former, I decided to make use of the International River Boundary Database (IRBD), which contains information about border rives including...

Some reflections…after doing this two times

This website began as an assignment as I was trying to define the rationale and parameters of my project. I stumbled upon the International River Boundaries Database (IRBD) and realized its significance. But it has taken five years to articulate and realize my vision....