For a country of people noted for their unhurried grace, the Sultanate of Oman is changing at a head-spinning rate. The Oman Archive (OA) was originally conceived of as a digital attempt to archive Oman’s archaeological heritage in and around the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bat. The OA had several functions:
- To integrate and curate archaeological data related to the region;
- To provide access to original data for international researchers and collaborators interested in understanding Bat’s prehistory and history;
- To serve as a repository for all reports, publications, and media related to the archaeological heritage of the Bat area;
- To facilitate the documentation of changes to the archaeological record;
- To provide specialists’ assessments for national government ministry decision-making about land use and development in the Bat area.
Put simply, I am a collaborative anthropological archaeologist interested in pursuing an extensive career in the Sultanate of Oman, and saw this Fellowship as an opportunity to use the