For the most part, adapting Lead’s Bootleaf coding to suit my needs has been fairly flawless. I have been able to incorporate three maps, including Sherlock Holmes The Hound of Baskerville, Ouida’s Puck, and Virginia Woolf’s Flush. Somehow the database I created for William Thackeray’s Vanity Fair and Charles Dickens’ Oliver Twist has inexplicably disappeared off every cloud server and hard drive I own. This has been a devastating hiccup given they were one of the most dispersed, realistic, historical, and diverse databases I gathered, and to replicate it would derail my timeline by at least a couple of weeks. It is however, the only option I have left other than mining another text. However, given the other novels do not fall into the genre of realism, I feel as if it would be remiss to not scrape data from at least one text in this genre.

In the meantime, it’s been a learning curve and I am currently working on applying pulling specific attributes to the website. In order to do this, I need to link my ArcGIS maps to Bootleaf using an AGS feature service which I do not think I can do simply using the web version of Arc. Once I gain access to a desktop installation and can hopefully sign in, then I can *fingers crossed* apply a REST service to the URL, and then link it to the query widget and side bar.

Lastly, given my predicament, if anyone has any specific requests on shorter texts they would like to see mapped, I’m all ears.